December 17, 2005

Rebecca with Santa Clause


Well after weeks of talking about him, and going up to the mall to see him, we finally got her to take a picture with the 'Big Guy'! Normally we go up there and I'd say "Look Rebecca, there's Santa! You want to go sit on his lap?" She says "No Thank You!" and hides her face like she's scared or shy or both. Then yesterday we went to get her some new shoes (which she's wearing) and once again I said "Rebecca, do you want to go see Santa and tell him what you want for Christmas?" and she said "OK!" I was shocked. Boy he was a good Santa too! If I didn't know better, he may just be the real thing! He told her he loved her and asked her what she wanted. She told him too....Dora! Then he gave her a lollipop made from 'snow from the North Pole' and she was as happy as could be. I almost cried when I saw this picture. Just the fact that she took a chance to sit on this man called Santas lap...it really lifted my spirits...this is what Christmas is about-KIDS!! Then last night we went to Joes company party and there was another Santa. This time she didn't even hesitate. She went right up to him and asked for her present-which he was handing out. I got a picture of that too, I'll post that one after I get it off the camera! Enjoy!

4 comments:

Stahl family said...

What a GREAT growing experience! The picture is fantastic! But, of course, how could it not be perfect with Rebecca glowing like she is!

Lisa said...

What a great picture!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that Rebecca got over her fear of sitting with Santa. The way Faith reacts to Santa, I know it will be at least another year...she's just so scared of everything these days.

Myldy said...

Hurrah for Rebecca........that's a man she should keep in her life always.....besides Daddy!