December 26, 2005

A Very Merry Christmas!



















Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! We had a very nice one. To start off-Rebecca woke at about 7:30. We all went in to see if Santa came...HE DID!! We opened and opened and opened presents. She was really a good girl this year! She got A LOT of Dora the Explorer stuff, a Barbie Learning Laptop, a Barbie Guitar, several new movies, a couple of Little People sets, a blanket, new books, several baby dolls and a new Thomas train track. Last year she didn't get near as much, but instead got a few big items like her tricycle and TV w/DVD. This year she got a lot more, but nothing too much with the exception of her bedding that I got her that came from the Christmas budget but not really a Christmas present. That I got a really good deal on so it hardly cost anything. But she is really enjoying everything and playing with it all!
And once again, Joe surprised the heck out of me this year! I have been wanting a new setting for my wedding ring for a while now. It's yellow gold and I really want a white gold setting. When we picked it out (8 years ago) I loved it, but over the years I've started to want a change. So this morning he got up and said he was going to get gas in his truck and clean it out, I thought that was strange-but whatever. And bless his heart he came back with this new ring. It's not a new setting, rather a ring for my right hand...I love it!!! We also took in my wedding ring this morning/afternoon to have it dipped in white gold-how exciting. I really love my ring and this was the perfect solution to my situation. I never realized they could do it that easily. It'll be ready in a couple days.
And Joe got some new music equipment he's been wanting for a long time. It's going to help record his own music through the computer. For those of you who don't know...he's a guitar player and writes his own music.
In the evening we went over to our friends (Dana and Rachel) for dinner with them and their families. It was very nice and the food was excellent. As you can see from the pictures above...the one with Rebecca and Makenzie...they were putting on a show for us. Makenzie got a new keyboard from Santa and she was playing 'Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star' (among others) on the keyboard, while Rebecca was singing. They were great!!! Rebecca loved the attention. Guess we need to get her into singing lessons...she may be the next 'American Idol'!
And last but not least, Mr. White Kitty had a good Christmas too-being LAZY! He was so comfortable on the back of the couch. He's a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Stahl family said...

It's about time you updated! :)

Perhaps Rebecca and Jayden can go on American Idol together. He too LOVES the microphone!

Merry Christmas!

Myldy said...

Wow...you guys were very good this year! Santa was very good to you all. I'm so happy for you Julie with the ring thing and the new one is beautiful! Can't wait to see pictures of your new home!
It'll be a wonderful New Year!!!