Why is it that this time of year rolls around and everyone but me is happy about it? Is something wrong with me? I never look forward to Christmas and I would love to. I try, but I just can't. I need to for Rebecca's sake. Every year I find a reason why I don't get into it. Last year it was because we couldn't go home. This year I think it's because we won't be into our new house. This apartment is so small I barely found room for the tree. With some rearranging and shoving things into our store room (which is the 2nd bathroom), I finally found room for it. Is there such thing as a 'Holiday Therapist'? Ugh!
With that said, I did go shopping with one of my dearest and best friends...the infamous Rachel. She can get anyone into the mood...she's jollier than Santa Clause himself. She LOVES Christmas and is just what I need to light a fire under my butt and get me going. Granted I've only bought things for Rebecca, but it's still a start. So Rachel if you read this...Thank you for being such a great friend! I love ya! Next year will be much better! I promise!! Hopefully some of our families can come out and celebrate it with us in our new home next year?
This year, since we're not going home again, we've been invited over to Rachels house and celebrate with her family and her husband Dana's family. We look forward to meeting them...at least the ones we haven't met yet.
Anyway, thanks for letting me vent...I feel much better!
2 comments:
Yes my Jewels, I did read this. I am just returning the same kind acts of friendship that you share with me. Your tree is darling. It looks great...and...if that doesn't put you into the Christmas spirit you're going to get Reindeer Poop delivered on your door step. No joke...ha ha!
Love ya...Rach
This is a repeat from just before but worth repeating.....I love the spirit of Xmas, that's what gets me. I love the lights, trees,decorations inside and out, being with friends and hopefully family. The smells of spices, herbs baking. This year ....none of my family.... but we have each other and friends. Being together is what counts. Xmas morning is what I like. Waking up, fixing hot cocoa with marshmellows and listening to Xmas music while opening gifts (or not having gifts) and talking. It's great!
Love and miss you guys!
Post a Comment